Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Beating One's Head Against the Wall

Yes, Pato has been copping out and doing easy posts for the last few days. I have been busy on a project for one of the denizens of the towers. I am sitting in front of Mr Dell here,typing invoices and lists of furniture and fabric for one of his clients all afternoon. Thus when it comes time to post, I am not in the mood to write a long tome. So enjoy this for a few more days and then look for more Pato rants and raves! ~ Pato

A CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a long, long time. So she went to check it out.She went to the Western Wall and there he was walking slowly up to the holy site. She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, he turned to leave using a cane walking slow and carefully. She approached him for an interview.

"I'm Rebecca Smith from CNN. Sir, how long have you been coming to the Western Wall and praying?"

"For about 60 years."

"60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"

"I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the Muslims. I pray for all the hatred to stop and I pray for all our children to grow up in safety and friendship."

"How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"

"Like I'm talking to a fucking wall."

1 comment:

Don said...

Good Question Zaine...