Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Heat Wave

Hot enough to boil a monkey's bum here in Kansas City today. Right now it is 97 and it is almost 8PM. For the last three days it has been over 100. We have not broken any daily records in this latest heat wave, but it is the first time in years that we have had as many consecutive days over 100.

Needless to say, Puggles has been a scarce commodity outside as have I. The Queen Mary's AC is not up to speed, so I have been using the Maestro's SAAB. Although faster, it is no more economical, takes premium unleaded and has some issues starting occasionally. Note that the Queen Mary betters it in all those categories and has softer seats for my fat behind.

Tomorrow is another hot one and then a cool down for a couple of days.

I wish I had a Gatoraide concession!

No comments: