Saturday, June 30, 2007

Saturday NO Pancake Musings

No pancakes today, I was bad last night with Steve M and Steve C and ate a big fat hamburger at Sharps. French fries too, and chips and spinach dip. So this AM was fake eggs and some fruit. But I am in a museful mood anyway:

1) Damn I am sick of rain..rain and then more rain. Did I say rain? It started on Wednesday, keeping a lot of the boys away from our happy hour at Bistro 303. Then Thursday it continued all day and night. Nothing stormy, just constant. Then Friday was much of the same. And now this AM. Puggles is threatening to move the Palace to the desert so she can go out and not have the hot boiling acid (she does not like rain) falling from the sky touch her Royal Fur. Supposed to rain all day today as well. So much for a fun weekend. I was not going to have one anyway.

2) Was disturbed this morning at about 4AM by a gunshot. Welcome to Midtown. Did I bother to investigate. No, I was happy I was not in front of a window.

3) What I am listening to: Tveitt Prillar and Sun God Symphony Geirr Tveitt was a Norwegian composer, of the 20th century Romantic school. His works are tuneful and often based on Norwegian folk tunes and legends. Fun stuff, not revolutionary but tuneful, approachable and fun.

4) What I just bought: Stravinsky Works What a bargain. 22 discs for $37. about $1.68 a disc. This is all the Stravinsky conducted and supervised Columbia recordings. I have some of them but just gems like "The Rake's Progress", some of the smaller works and "Oedipus Rex" alone would cost $37 at full price. Unfortunately, it seems to be an import and thus will take 4-6 weeks to get here. Things may be quite different by then.

Ya never know.

5) Our church holds out hope for our new pastor who starts tomorrow. The last one was a nice lady, meant well but was a lousy preacher and leader. Our services were a mess, attendance dwindled. I even left one Sunday before it was over as a fellow was droning on and on and on and on. It was meaningless. Much like her sermons as well, and the new Baptist-tinged service, with all the praise singing and crap.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments: