Thursday, August 09, 2007

Cover Up or Else

I once read, I wish I could give the credit for it, that in the great emigration from England in the 16-1700's, America got the Puritans and Australia got the convicts. All said and done, Australia got the better end of the deal. The US is still puritanical in its desire to punish anyone who septs over the line and in its archaic sex laws.

Witness: A Catholic priest faces an indecent exposure charge after jogging naked (Gasp!!!! Horror!!!!, worse than killing or stealing) alone on a track at 4:30AM. The priest admits it was not a smart thing to do, and admitted it was true. The absolutely stupid thing is that if he is convicted of indecent exposure, he'll be a SEX OFFENDER! GOD NO! NOT THAT HORROR!! What to do what to do! ARRRRRRRGH.

If he sold drugs, he'd be slapped on the wrist and let lose to do it again, like the fucking druggies and pimps who roam unmolested in my streets.

But it is easier to persecute a naked priest than a drug pusher. So that is what our injustice system does.

Maybe I should head to Australia.... I have friends there.

No comments: