Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Haunted

Triskaidekaphobia is a fear of the number 13. It is supposed to be an irrational, superstition, not based on any fact. Bull.... I HATE the number 13 and am being haunted by it.

You note that many tall buildings do not have a 13th floor,the Navy refused to launch a ship on Friday the 13th, or airliners do not have a row 13. If they can avoid it, so can I.

Think of all the 13 jinxes: Apollo 13, the first divorced couple I knew were married on the 13th, I got 13 gallons of gas for $13 (those were the days) and promptly had a fender bender.. it goes on.

Lately, I have been haunted by the number 13. Every time I look at the clock it is 13 minutes past the hour. Inevitable... I woke up at 5;13AM yesterday. Just glanced at the clock and it was 4:13. Broke for lunch and looked at the digital clock.. 12;13.

This has been going on for days now, it must mean evil things are about to happen.

Make it go away....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend I have the same thing going on. I'm not superstitious about anything at all, but for several weeks now everytime I look at the clock or any devise that gives the time, it is allways 13 minutes past the hour. I found this very freaky. I awoke this morning and as I lay there knowing my digital alarm clock was on the nightstand next to the bad, I was wondered what time it would be and I opened my eyes ti find it was 5:13. This is no joke and its starting to bug me. Freaking me out. Did a Google search to see if anyone else was having this very strange thing happening to them. Your words were as if I were typing them myself. What is this?

Don said...

Scary isn't it!? Still happening too. I find myself looking at the clock seeing it is x:12 and then closing my eyes for a bit or doing something away from the clock. We must be doomed.

I see your ISP lists you as being from Surprise, AZ. I have friends in Surprise and by chance they are here in town and I am having them over for dinner.

Probably will be 13 of us there, will be my luck....

Anonymous said...

I have been reading everything I can find about this number 13 business and have learned alot.
I have thought of checking the time and said no to myself because I knew it would be 13 mins past the hour. Doing this, I would wait like 5 or so mins and then look and OMG it would be 13 mins past the hour. I have played with it in diff ways and the result is the same.
Never had a feeling like this in my life. Frankly it is starting to scare the hell out of me. I wish more people would respond to your message.
Brings to mind the movie Close Encounters. Many having the same feeling and not knowing what it is.
Hope no one reads this and just thinks we are nuts.
Good or bad, I wish it would just go away. The unknown factor here spooks me.
My friend knowing how this must be as agravating for you as it is for me, I have prayed for us both.

Don said...

It has happened to me 3 times today 5:13AM, 7:13 and now 10:13. I am sick of it frankly.

Anonymous said...

Rev 13:13

Anonymous said...

Add me to the list, this has been going on for over a year. So often, when I get a thought to look at a clock for no real reason, it is 13 after. Curious and curiouser. :)