Monday, December 22, 2008

$2.50 Worth of Cocoa

My phone went off at 6:45 this AM. I was not right by it, so I missed the call. Soon it beeped telling me I had a message:

"Hi Mr. Clark, this is "M" a client down at ReStart (a local homeless service agency) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! for the hot cocoa. I am not a coffee person and this tastes soooooo good on a cold morning!! Thanks for thinking of us!"

One of my neighbors works for this agency. I save my plastic grocery bags for them, they serve as purses, rain and snow hats and shoe covers. As a little Christmas gift, this last round of bags contained a can of hot cocoa mix, tea bags and a card from the "Bag Guy".

See what $2.50 can do for some one who has nothing? I was feeling lousy and whiny on this cold Monday morning, but with a single call and a carton of cocoa I feel I have made a bit of a difference this AM.

No comments: